Sunday, October 2, 2011

Amazing 4 Star Review-Thank you Lisa

Before posting my review I read a few of the other reviews here, and I was shocked at how negative some of the reviews were.  Yes, Michelle's assistant can seem a bit pushy when she is telling you about their specials, but after doing my due diligence researching and trying various lasers from different places, THE SPECIALS MICHELLE OFFERS ARE AWESOME!!!  Seriously, go ahead and do the price and effectiveness research and see for yourself...OR you can save yourself a lot of time and money and just see Michelle.

Listen, Michelle and her assistant are sweet, but they're also from New York so they don't mince words.  If you are oversensitive and easily offended by nothing, then don't bother going.  If you want someone to be honest with you and who knows what they're doing, then you want to see Michelle.

Let me give it to you straight: if someone wasn't having results with what she did, they either weren't a candidate for laser hair removal period, or they didn't do the obvious and talk to her about their lack of progress.  How do I know this?  Because just out of curiosity I asked her at my most recent appointment (2 days ago) how much progress I should be seeing for my Brazilian so far, and when she answered I should be seeing some bald patches and all I had was some thinning, she upped the laser for me before I could even ask her.  I felt mild pain before she upped the laser intensity, and I was flinching in pain after she upped it.  Trust me, her laser is definitely working.  She does have a cooling tube that blows while she does the laser, so maybe that's why some people can't feel it.  But don't be fooled if you can't feel pain, the laser is definitely working its magic!

I have purchased further specials from her because she has equipment that works, she knows what she is doing, she is completely honest, very efficient (she gets you in and out quickly while also being thorough), and her laser is great for ALL AREAS of the body (whereas  the strongest lasers may work a bit faster, but are EXCRUCIATINGLY PAINFUL - I know, because I found out the "hard way" during my due diligence phase - and let me tell you, you couldn't pay me twenty million dollars to get any sensitive parts like underarms, bikini, Brazilian, etc. done with those lasers.  I was jumping in pain at another place when I got my lower legs done for crying out loud!  I even took Tylenol before the appointments and it still didn't help with the pain!  Trust me, getting laser hair removal treatments doesn't have to hurt that much.)

I am really happy I bought that Groupon because Michelle is honest, does a great job, is super sweet and offers amazing specials that beat other places HANDS DOWN.  I haven't gone to any other laser hair removal places other than Michelle after I was done with my testing/due diligence phase.  Oh, I also read that someone mentioned scheduling problems.  But I have not had any problem with my appointments being rescheduled or anything weird like that either.  Michelle has always been there when I've had my appointments (and I've been going the entire year so far for bikini line.)  Things have been really smooth for me with using Michelle.  Hopefully this will set the record straight!  If anything else happens during subsequent visits, I'll be sure to come back and update this review!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I am the owner of Laser By Michelle and I have been doing hair removal for over 30 years in Aventura. I have thousands of satisfied clients over the years.Two years ago I was approached by a social media company to run an amazing deal that made laser more affordable and I agreed. There were over 2000 deals sold and over the next several months all those people made their appointments online and came in for the great bargain.
    .
    Well as the saying goes "you can please some of the people all of the time; all of the people some of the time; but you can't please all of the people all of the time!" That rings true by the very few Yelpers (less than 1%) that were not happy with their experience. They were either unhappy that they had to make appointments online, that they had to wait ten or fifteen minutes, or that they didn't receive free services in addition to the ones that they paid next to nothing for. They want to compare the service that they received with those received elsewhere for up to twenty times the price!

    In my life experience if I'm unhappy with a service I first would approach the owner to see if she could rectify my problem. But these clients bypassed that route and chose to go to Yelp first. It is sad that Yelp filters the reviews to show most of the bad ones and putting the 95 "good" ones hidden in the back pages where most viewers can't find them. Please take that into consideration before you make your decision on laser hair removal.

    One last note if you are taking birth control pills, hormones, testosterone, are breast feeding or are in menopause, all of these situations are hair producers so that is another factor to add into the equation. (At least one of the bad reviewers also gave a negative review to a clinic where she was going for a hormone test). Most of the woman who gave negative reviews still found me to be nice, charasmatic and sweet. I pride myself in these qualities and I do work with my clients to make them happy. Keep in mind that the State Of Florida requires that laser is done safely, so there is no problem with your skin getting an adverse reaction (discolored or burned.) I am always ready to make the laser stronger but only if I feel its safe for you.


    Thank you for your time,
    Michelle Sternberg
    (C.C.E)Certified.Clinical Electroligist
    (C.M.E)Certified.Medical.Electroligist

    ReplyDelete