Thursday, April 14, 2011

Social Marketing Update. Beware!

Watch out!

There are hundreds of social marketing companies leaping on the bandwagon to riches. They are riding the wave spurred by the likes of Groupon and Living Social. But many of these "other" companies might not turn out to be as ethical.

How do I know? Because yours truly has already been a victim. Here's how their scam goes: They call me promising a higher percentage split than the "big boys." I agree, that in itself is enticing because I make next to nothing at these cheap prices and then have to split it with the social marketing company. Then after the ad runs I have to chase them to get my share. Sometimes unsuccessfully........

Now I'm stuck in the middle. I have clients coming thru the door anxiously awaiting their service for the treatments that they have already paid to a company that avoids me and no longer answers the phone! They don't understand that I didn't receive their money. The marketing company got it!

Ok, let me know how you think this situation should be handled. Should I turn the customers away and encourage them to get their money back from the marketing company? Please send me your comments.

Today I had a former laser hair removal client come in. She had finished her laser hair removal some time ago and she got the Laser By Michelle "Be Bare Everywhere." I thought she was coming in for a yearly touch up. She came into my room and started crying. She exclaimed that she opted for the "Be Bare Everywhere" laser hair removal when she and her husband divorced. Now they are trying to reconcile and he wants her hair back!

"Is there anyway you can make it grow back," she said between tears.

In all my years this was a first. Unfortunately, my machine cannot make hair reappear.

Do you think this is could be a new market for toupees? Apply with velcro?

Warmest Regards,
Michelle  xxoox

No comments:

Post a Comment